Why list your home with us?
When you decide to put your house up for sale, it is likely not a decision you have taken lightly. Whether you are moving because of a job, for different schools, or because of a growing family, it’s important to have an agent on your side who will work to make the process as smooth as possible, and get your home sold at a price, and within a time frame that you can be happy with.
Before listing your home, you may want to consider some of the following:
- Should I complete any projects or repairs on the property?
- What can I do to help declutter my home and make it appeal to the most buyers?
- How quickly do I need to move?
- What price do I need to obtain in order to be happy or break even? What if the market does not support that?
- What is going on in my neighborhood lately?
- Which agent would be right for me?
When you are ready to put your home on the market, here are some things to consider when picking the right agent for you:
- Market Knowledge: There have been many changes to the real estate market in the past few years. It is important to have an agent who is up-to-date on the current conditions, changes, and trends.
- Confidence: You want an agent who can talk openly and knowledgeably about your home, neighborhood, market, or real estate issues. You will be looking to them for advice and guidance, and so having an agent you can trust is critical.
- Integrity: In many ways, your agent is a reflection of you. Often times the agent is the first, if not only, person that potential buyers or agents encounter when discussing your house, and many presume that the agent is acting at your instruction. An agent who promotes the tenants of honesty and fairness, as found in the Code of Ethics, is a valuable asset.
- Marketing Strategy: The ultimate goal is to get your property sold. You want an agent who has a plan to have your property promoted often and to the right buyers. Agents at Kimberly Howell Properties have access to the San Antonio Multiple Listings Service (which reaches over 5000 REALTORs® and their clients), as well as the New Braunfels MLS. Additionally, all listings from our company are featured on over 25 different websites. This is in addition to the customized marketing each of our agents designs.
- Organization: One part of your agent’s job is to help the transaction flow smoothly. They will maintain records, help you keep notes, follow up on showings and offers, and keep the process moving along.
- Negotiating Skills: When offers come in on your house, you will look to your agent to advise, guide, and fight for your interests. You want an agent who can stand their ground firmly, yet knowledgeably and professionally.
At Kimberly Howell Properties, we are dedicated to providing our agents access to market information, technology resources, and training about all aspects of the business. We give our agents the tools that allow them to work for you.
image courtesy of avlxyz