Texas job growth continues on its path, adding another record of job creation to its resume. Texas added 35,200 seasonally adjusted jobs in October, bringing the 12 month total to 421,900 jobs, meaning Texas job growth now accounts for 1 in every 6 new jobs and a record 12 months for job creation. Texas leads the nation in job growth over the past 12 months, but came in second in October, falling to California’s 41,500 new jobs. In October, Texas’ unemployment rate dipped to 5.1%, down 0.1% from September.
Some highlights of Texas job growth from different sectors:
- Trade, transportation, and utilities added 17,500 jobs.
- Construction added 9,200 jobs.
- Education and health services added 6,800 jobs.
- Leisure and hospitality added 4,800 jobs.
- Energy sector added 4,100 jobs (over the last 12 months, job growth in this sector has grown at 11.3%).
image courtesy of Anthony Quintano