Being cool and creepy at Halloween takes effort. You know the house, you’ve walked by it in your neighborhood – it looks like a horror movie set and you find yourself jealousy wishing your Halloween ideas would come together so perfectly. So if you’re about to swing your attention to Halloween, here’s some super-scary Halloween ideas to turn your dream home into a nightmare!
- Make a plan: Don’t arrive at the decorations store or Walmart and go mad with the credit card, buying everything that looks dark and evil. Instead, make a plan of how you’d like to decorate your porch or front yard, and then shop with focus.
- Pick your poison: Stick to one ghoulish theme. Don’t take the shotgun approach and scatter shot your porch with zombies, vampires, and ghosts. Choose one dark direction and execute without mercy.
- Crazy clutter: Avoid making your display too busy. Creating a clutter of pumpkins, creepy crawlies and fake spider webs will lack impact. Know when to stop, which is hard because Halloween is so much fun.
- Scary sounds: Go to this website, learn about speakers and get a good quality Bluetooth speaker. Stream some super-creepy soundtracks and play them on repeat over a Bluetooth speaker. Spotify’s four minutes of “Scary Clown Laughing” is a total freak-out. “Evil Girl” is even worse, which is why it’s had 1.2 million downloads.
- Lights: Invest in striplights with a remote control or app to manage the colors and brightness. It will allow you to really create a mood and occasionally plunge your neighbor’s kids into darkness to really creep them out. Avoid lights that are white and bright.
Of course, Halloween is all about fun, so don’t stress and enjoy the season.