Looking for a lot in Stone Oak/NEISD?
Let’s first talk about the reason for building in this location. Are you interested in this area primarily for the school district? Do you like the area and the amenities? What size lot do you need for your home? Do you want a single story or two or more? Do you already have plans that you would like built for you? Are you willing to consider other builders?
Items to Consider When Searching For a Lot
Remember that all lots are not created equal and there are a few ways to find lots available in this area. You can find a lot available for sale through the MLS and using a knowledgeable REALTOR® or you can find a builder to build on a specific lot. In this scenario, it is often a good idea to narrow down your search for a builder prior to purchasing a lot. Then, have that builder and real estate agent walk those possible lots with you (once you’ve narrowed it down to one or two) to give you an idea of how buildable that lot is, and whether there are topography issues you may not have considered. For instance, that lot may have a spectacular view, but it also may cost more than you had previously considered just grading and leveling the site for building.
The other option, if you haven’t chosen a builder yet, is to narrow down the areas where you want to build, then have a REALTOR® help you find builders that are still building in those areas with lots still available.
Keep in mind that the lots available with the builder will still require your “due diligence” and should be researched with your REALTOR®. Some of those lots may be at a discounted rate if you build with that builder, but make sure you ask why! Does that lot back up to a busy road or power lines? Will you have to pour a very significant foundation due to the elevation of the lot? Some of those items are not big issues for everyone, but they should be explored!
Lastly, let’s consider location of the lots. If you are trying to be in the North East Independent School District (NEISD) and particularly the Stone Oak area due to schools, then the options are a little more limited (as are the size of the lots left to build on) in terms of what lots are still available. Also, the lots left tend to be a lot higher price-wise. The following communities in the Reagan High School district all have lots available for sale by owner and listed with REALTORS® through the MLS and any custom builder can be used to build on them:
Builders, Neighborhoods, and Lots for Sale
Please note: we have included both homes for sale and lots for sale in the links below – sometimes builders list “homes” that aren’t actually built, so we want to show you the most properties possible for you to choose from. Some lots are also not listed in the MLS, so it’s best to contact a real estate agent so they can help you find the lot that suits you best.
- Ridge at Canyon Springs
- Las Lomas
- Estates at Champions Run
- Oaks at Sonterra
- Bent Tree
- The Reserve at Canyon Springs
- Estates at Canyon Springs
- Champions Run
- Champions Ridge
- Waterford Heights
There are also still new home communities being built throughout Stone Oak. Consider the following builders with homes and lots in NEISD and Reagan High School:
- Burdick Custom Homes: Champions Ridge, Waterford Heights
- John Connell Custom Homes: The Renaissance at The Vineyard
- DR Horton: Heights at Stone Oak (Townhomes)
- Emerald Homes: Heights at Stone Oak
- Scott Felder Homes: Terra Bella
- Gehan Homes: Ridge at Canyon Springs
- K Thompson Homes: Estates at Canyon Springs
- McNair Custom Homes: The Gardens at Greystone, The Reserve at Canyon Springs, and Mesas at Canyon Springs
- Monticello Homes: Heights at Stone Oak, Estancia, Park Hill and The Reserve at The Heights at Stone Oak, Mesas at Canyon Springs
- Sitterle Homes: San Miguel at Canyon Springs and Stately Oaks
If you are interested in finding a lot within NEISD, but not necessarily Stone Oak (or Reagan High School), there are several other neighborhoods of interest on both sides of 281 North. These are in the Johnson High School district and include the following:
- Canyons at Stone Oak: Meritage Homes
- Mountain Lodge: Gehan Homes and Green Homebuilders, LLC
- Tuscany Heights: Emerald Homes
- Cibolo Canyons: Sitterle, Monticello, Burdick and Frank, and River Oaks Homes
- Altamira: Highland Homes
- Bulverde Village: Centex Homes, Wilshire Homes
- Fox Grove: KB Homes
- La Fontana: KB Homes
- Harper Oaks: MI Homes, Woodside Homes
- Valencia Hills: Highland Homes
If it is not critical that you are in NEISD, but you like the general area, there are several great communities located just a bit further north on Blanco Road featuring 1/2 acre lots (some of which are not available yet, like the Tivoli neighborhood with Whitestone Custom Homes, but you can ask me for more details!).
There are also many great new communities along Borgfeld Road. These communities are part of Bexar County, but are just outside the city limits, so they enjoy a break in the taxes, and are part of the Comal ISD. Some of these new communities include:
- Vallencia Terrace: Featuring Scott Felder homes starting in the $380s
- Venado Creek: Featuring McMillan homes from the $340s
- Canyon Ranch Estates and Woodland Hills
- Valencia Park: Featuring Megatel and Woodside homes from the $350s
- Willis Ranch/Kinder Ranch and Prospect Creek: Featuring homes from David Weekly, Ryland, Imagine, Woodside, Sitterle, and Wilshire Homes. Prices range from the $200s and up. These properties are located closer to the new Kinder Ranch elementary school, and closer to 281.
That is a lot of lots! So there are still many areas to consider, and offerings in most price ranges as well. Be sure to include your REALTOR® as you start on the building path as they will be a liaison in your corner and will help you when you consider all the different elements of building!