School Registration Requirements
- A child must be five years of age on or before September 1st of that year in order to enroll in Kindergarten
- A valid birth certificate (certified copy or original)
- A social security card of the child being registered
- “Proof of residency” within the school district (electric bill, apartment lease, etc.)
- Updated immunization records (see below)
- Five doses required for entry kindergarten students unless the fourth dose was received after the fourth birthday.
- Students age seven, starting their vaccine, are required to have three doses.
- TD booster every ten years.
- Four doses of IPV required for kindergarten students unless the third dose was received after fourth birthday. It can be any combination of OPV or IPV.
- Not required of eighteen-year-old students.
- Two doses of measles vaccine are required.
- First dose shall be administered on or after the first birthday.
- Second dose by age five or entry into kindergarten.
- Physician confirmation of illness not acceptable, only a serological (blood test) confirmation.
- One dose of vaccine on or after the first birthday or serological (blood work) confirmation of rubella immunity.
- One dose of vaccine on or after the first birthday.
- Vaccine required for all students through eighteen years of age.
- Three doses of Haemophiles Influenza Type B vaccine and a booster if given before child is fifteen months or one dose of vaccine if given after fifteen months.
- Vaccine given through four years of age.
Hepatitis Type A
- Two doses of Hepatitis A required for Pre-Kindergarten through third grade.
- Second dose is required six months after the administration of the first dose.
Hepatitis Type B
- Three doses required for the following grades: 2004-2005 Kindergarten through fifth grade; seven through tenth grade. 2005-2006 Kindergarten through eleventh grade.
Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- One dose of varicella vaccine received on or after the first birthday is required for the following grades: Kindergarten through fourth grade; seventh through tenth grade.
- Two doses required if the student was thirteen years old at the time the first dose of varicella was received.
- If the student has had Varicella (Chicken Pox) illness, please request form from the school nurse to validate illness. Kindergarten through fifth grade and seventh through eleventh grade.
Want to learn more about relocating to San Antonio? Download our FREE San Antonio Relocation Guide.
image courtesy of NHS Confederation